….Tread Lightly. Yes, Walter White is back. After what felt like forever, this week finally saw the return of Breaking Bad, in both the US and the UK thanks to Netflix (more on that later). While Breaking Bad’s return is arguably the biggest thing to happen this week, there’s also a ton more. Although there was no new information about Star Wars, this years D23 from the Official Disney Fan Club did produce an overload of news and tidbits from the world of Disney. Also from this week, we can look forward to a Bret MacKenzie penned musical akin to Labyrinth as well as a potential role in The Inbetweeners sequel for Idris Elba. Yes, you read that right. All this and a whole lot more cool stuff that happened this past week. Here’s the links for your persual!
- A Nice Neat Video Round-Up for D23. Caution: Includes Awesome Stuff.
- Relax. Disney’s animation films aren’t going away anytime soon. [Variety]
- The 5 Biggest Reveals of D23. Including stuff on Tomorrowland. Oh yes. [THR]
- Jolie Talks Maleficent. In a video. No reading necessary. [OTRC]
- Trailer for X-Men: Days of Future Past Leaked. Then taken down again. [We Got This Covered]
- Awesome Sci-Fi Movies. With Subtitles. Reading compulsory. [blastr]
- Luther meets….The Inbetweeners. Friends? It just may happen. [Empire]
- Location, Location, Location. Cool dystopian architecture to be precise. [Buzz Buzz]
- Movie Stars. Music Videos. Music Stars? [Empire]
- Bret McKenzie penned Labyrinth inspired musical? We’re on board. [Collider]
- Netflix vs Sky. And pirates. Well, piracy. Spoiler alert: Netflix wins. [The Inquirer]
- Walter White’s Journey Is Almost Over. But how will it end? [Vulture]
- Is it L.A. Noire? Lost Angels? No, it’s Mob City apparently. Darabont’s latest. [Cinema Blend]
- Breaking Bad theme song. Played on Meth Lab Equipment. Yup. [Cinema Blend]
- Another gangster-related TV trailer. This time, Boardwalk Empire. [Huff Post]
- It’s Time For A New Anti-Hero. Let TV Wives Break Bad. [Indiewire]
Around The Internet:
- The Best of Youtube’s Geek Week.
- Nintendo 3DS: Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright. Gaming Wars.
- Burka Avenger Cartoon Attracts Global Interest. [Telegraph]
- Um….This is NSFW. Adult-Avengers Only. Not Suitable For Children. Or Ant-Man. [Uproxx]
George Clooney Directed World War Two Art Heist Movie…Or Simply Monuments Men. Also Bill Murray and John Goodman and Cate Blanchett and OH MY GOD JEAN DUJARDIN.
How I Live Now: Another War Movie, But About World War Three. So it’s different.
Thor: The Dark World. I need say no more.
Philomena: Steve Coogan. Dame Judi Dench. Partridge and M. What’s not to like?